adsense-ofw1

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Zest it up!

David Rocco's Dolce Vita is one of the most interesting tv food shows I used to watch. It is from him that I learned this very simple, refreshing and healthy pasta dish. So let me share it with you. This is my version of his dish.

For this pasta dish you'll need the following:

Linguine al limone
(good for 2-3 servings)

250g Pasta 
***You can use either Fetuccine, Spaghetti, Spaghettini or Linguine noodles. I prefer Linguine though, for this particular recipe, as it is just the right size for this tangy pasta dish.
1/2 a lemon for every 250g of pasta
salt and pepper for seasoning
add a bit of rosemary and cilantro, chopped
Olive oil
2 pcs garlic minced well.
Parmesan or Cottage cheese
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

1. Boil the noodles al dente. Saute the minced garlic in 1/4 cup of olive oil. Set aside.
2. When noodles are done, pour the olive oil mixture and toss the rosemary, cilantro and chopped walnuts. Squeeze the lemon onto the pasta noodles and just mix everything together. Add more olive oil.
3. Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.

Note: I use cottage cheese for this recipe, but what I do is use it as toppings on the pasta. Garnish with cilantro and a bit more of the chopped walnuts. This is sooo good and healthy too!

I hope you enjoy this delightful dish! Bon Apetit!

P.S.
Mama you can use this recipe this is safe for your heart. :)



2 comments:

Aries said...

Food looks yummy. Hi just blog hopping. Happy cooking and blogging to you

Enid said...

Hi Aries! Thank you for dropping by! I look forward to you visiting often :)