adsense-ofw1

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Finally!

three generations...
Right this moment and about 5000 miles away, my mom is undergoing angiography and angioplasty while I am trying to keep my mind busy by doing all sorts of things just to take away my apprehensions. Two years ago when she suffered her 4th heart attack she was already advised by her cardiologist to undergo the said procedure but my mom would not hear of it. Her refusal to undergo angioplasty in the past was because of her fear that it would fail and eventually lead her to a bypass operation which she would like to avoid. 

Almost a month ago, exactly 7 days from the time we left for Saudi Arabia, she suffered her 5th! Perhaps the thought of us no longer being with them and with her favorite grand daughter moving far away from her, exacerbated the already frail condition of her heart. But my mama is a strong woman indeed; she is, with a stronger desire to live! No son or daughter would ever be prepared to lose any one of their parents, that is why we are just so grateful that she has decided to take the first step for another chance in life. 

Go Mama! Fight this battle like a true Archer! May St. Luke guide the hands of your doctor... For now I would just have to be contented with news across the miles from my sisters.... Be well Mama! We love you! 




2 comments:

Junnie said...

Our dad has undergone both and with great success. Well, if you call celebrating with more meat after the operation is successful, then I don't know what we can call "stubborn dad". In his words, even if it was just a bypass, "New Heart eh"...

Tell your mom she is strong for her family...maybe the operation is needed and to just open her heart up (no pun intended) to the will of God

carenmeman said...

Thanks Junnie! She's a stubborn mom too...I would see her sneak in some prohibited food before the attack and she would say "tikim lang" haaay... :)