adsense-ofw1

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Congratulations our unico hija!

My only daughter reached another milestone...and as parents we can't help but feel proud of our collective accomplishment. She may not have graduated with honors but I know that her efforts as a transferee was a surprise to her teachers. While waiting for the program to start my thoughts brought me to the time I first learnt that I was pregnant with her. The whole 8 months (she's a preemie!) that I sang and talked to her, listened to very tranquil music while reading to her passages from the Bible. The time that I gave birth and heard her first cry. The time that I had to leave her in the nursery as she had to stay in the incubator whilst recuperating from sepsis. Her first smile...her first steps...her first words... the memory is still so vivid. (A mother can never forget those important events as they are eternally etched on her mind and her heart.)

From across the school gym I can see my husband busily taking pictures of our daughter (the fathers and mothers of the graduates are not seated together). I get a glimpse of our daughter in her grad gown, subtly made up and wearing my high heeled shoes. Am sure she felt a tad uncomfortable but it was not obvious as she walked the whole length of the red carpet with feigned ease.

Silently, I thank my Lord and pray that He continues to guide my daughter as He has guided me. For my daughter's next journey begins as soon as she shakes her mentor's hands and receives her diploma. To my sweet, funny, sometimes too emotional daughter your daddy and I say "Congratulations and good luck! Always bear in mind how much we love you and wish for you to succeed." And your dad says "stay away from boys!" :)

.


No comments: