adsense-ofw1

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bridging the distance with Prayers...

A week ago I was counting the time and wondering how long before the plane would land and before my children and I find ourselves in the arms of my husband. Today I wish I held my mom in my arms much longer and told her how much I love her. Back in the airport she held me and I just cried and cried not knowing what to say, while my mom, like the kind of mother she is, just shushed me and told me as if I was a little girl again, to stop crying and to make sure that I take good care of her grandchildren expecially my only girl.

Last night I just received news that she suffered another heart attack and I am quite apprehensive as this is her 5th. What can a daughter who is too far away do? I am limited by the distance between us that all I can do is try to be positive and leave everything to God. This is probably the reason why my visa was held at the embassy, it's probably the same reason why during the time I was fixing our documents everything kept stalling. I should probably have spent more time with my mom rather than worry about our papers. :(  I pray that the Lord hears my prayers as there are still a lot of places I want her to see, there are still a lot of things that I want to give her. One of the reasons why I left my job back home to pursue a life abroad was because I want to show her the world and let her live comfortably. I just pray so hard that my mom gets to hurdle through this again. There is not much I can do really...except pray for my dear mother and I appeal to my readers to do the same.

No comments: