adsense-ofw1

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cooking with Peaches

Apart from the regular chicken recipes I know, since we arrived in this country, I would always look for other recipes via the internet. Most times I like simple cooking but there are times when I want to surprise my husband and kids with my culinary ability. Last night for dinner I made Chicken cordon bleu. But instead of the usual fillings, I made mine with sausage (of course chicken sausage as well), carrot and cheddar cheese slices, cream cheese and peaches. For the sauce I made two kinds red sauce and bechamel. Of course the kids and my husband loved it and kept on asking when I plan on cooking the dish again. I would like to share with you my version of Chicken Cordon Bleu with red and bechamel sauce.



For this recipe you will need:
250 grams boneless and skinless chicken breast
Boiled Carrots (you don't need to much), sliced lengthwise
Peaches, sliced lengthwise
**Cheddar or Mozzarella cheese, sliced lenghtwise
Cream or Feta cheese (optional)
Breadcrumbs

Ground pepper
salt to taste

**you can use other kinds of cheese

1)  Thinly slice the chicken breast the same way you do when you make beef rolls. Sprinkle the meat with ground pepper and salt. (you can also rub it with a little lemon if you want your chicken meat a bit tangy)
2) Arrange sliced carrots, cheese, and peaches and roll chicken until filling is completed wrapped. Dip in breadcrumbs. And fry in low fire. You can also add chilis, if preferred (the kind that is used for sinigang). Set aside and let cool.

For the Sauce:
Red Sauce:
3 pieces Garlic, minced
1 bulb Onion, sliced
Tomato paste
a little sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Saute garlic and onion in olive oil add tomato paste and 1/4 cup water, add salt and pepper depending on preferred qty and stir constantly. Add 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar while stirring. Once red sauce is a bit thick, set aside.

White Sauce (bechamel):
7 pcs garlic, minced
5 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups milk
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup grated cheese

Saute garlic in butter add 4 tbsp flour or cornstarch then pour the milk stir until it thickens a bit then throw in the grated cheese. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Once mixture is thick enough. set aside. For this sauce I put a little amount of sugar to balance off the taste.

You can now serve your Chicken cordon bleu with 2 sauces/gravy.

***Please note that the photo above is for visual purposes, this is not the actual picture of the dish I cooked last night. I forgot to take pictures as my husband and kids were excited to dig in! Photo was borrowed from allrecipes.com

No comments: