adsense-ofw1

Monday, June 20, 2011

Confessions of a Worrywart

Tomorrow my son will be undergoing Adenotonsillectomy and this is keeping me wide awake. I know that the doctor has assured me of it being a routine procedure and all still I can't help but feel worried. His doctor has advised me of what to expect after the operation. If I remember them right, I was to expect the following:

1. My son would feel pain most especially during the first couple of days but it should subside after a week or so.
2. To expect a little bleeding from time to time.
3. Foul odor coming from his mouth.
4. Because of the discomfort, I should expect my son to be irritable.

I was also advised to give him only soft food while he is healing -- jello, mashed potatoes, soup (but not too hot), anything as long as it does not have edges would be fine. Tonight I am preparing myself emotionally as this is my youngest son who will be placed on that operating table, he just turned 6 last Saturday, June 18th. Hence, I pray...

Lord, please guide the hands of  Dr. Hani and the other doctors as they perform the procedure on my son, Allen. May his hands be light and his fingers deft. Stay with my son Lord and have his Guardian Angel protect him too. I ask you this through your son Jesus Christ. Amen.



No comments: